NodeJS Training Course
In this class, you will learn about how to get up and running with node.js going through the installation, npm, websockets, rdaemon, http server and a library that can be used to replace hand coded http server’s called express.js. Students will build a non-web based application, followed by a simple web based application building on that knowledge. Finally a simple graphical multiplayer game example will finish off the hands-on building.
- What is node.js and why all the fuss about it?
- Why and when to use node.js
- How to get non-web based application running
- How to get a web based application running
- A very simple multiplayer game type example
- A word of warning
- "Hello World"
- A full blown web application with Node.js
- The use cases
- The application stack
- Building the application stack
- A basic HTTP server
- Analyzing our HTTP server
- Passing functions around
- How function passing makes our HTTP server work
- Event-driven callbacks
- How our server handles requests
- Finding a place for our server module
- What's needed to "route" requests?
- Execution in the kingdom of verbs
- Routing to real request handlers
- Making the request handlers respond
- How to not do it
- Blocking and non-blocking
- Responding request handlers with non-blocking operations
- Serving something useful
- Handling POST requests
- Handling file uploads